Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

L'Oreal True Match Foundation Review


Good afternoon ladies,

I as many of us are, am always actively trying to find an amazing foundation that is also reasonably priced. 
Working in Luxury Retail I am expected to wear make up every day, it has to be well matched, natural looking and long wearing. I have foundations that do that such as luxury brands like Chanel, MAC, Guerlain etc.  but I feel like it would be nice to save those luxury foundations for special occasions, so when I go out I can look different and more flawless than at work. So the hunt for a good quality, affordable, every day wearing foundation began.

So the first one on my list waas the L'Oreal Paris "True Match" foundation.
I've heard great reviews about this particular foundation from YouTube, beauty blogs and social networking so decided to give it a try.


My skin for reference is MAC NC20-NC25, Chanel #20 Clair in winter months like now, and NC25-30, Chanel #30 Beige in summer.


Swatches comparing my most reached for foundations.
L'Oreal True Match left, Centre MAC Mineralize in NC20 and Chanel Mat Lumiere in #20 Clair.
The L'Oreal is more of a yellow/peach toned foundation similar to the Chanel Mat Lumiere.


I applied the foundation without a primer with Real Techniques Duo Fibre brush and contour blush brush to attempt to create a flawless buffed application.


The coverage left much to be desired, I definitely needed to add concealer and powder and would require a primer, but for the price I was impressed at how easy the foundation was to apply, it is very fluid and as it promises "Super Blendable" it really did blend well and apply even, dewy coverage but dried somewhat matte where needed.
After applying a loose powder I did notice the foundation was a little patchy on the dryer areas of skin on my face i.e around the nose but nothing too major.

Over all I'm happy with the colour match, consistency and over all appearance. I'll definitely be experimenting with ways of different primers and concealers to make the most of this foundation and unfortunately will continue the search for a good drug store foundation.

OVERALL: 7/10
REPURCHASE: NO
COVERAGE: LITTLE TO MEDIUM
PRICE: $$

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar