Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

OCC Lip Tars

Jag Ghoomey
OCC aka Obsessive Compulsive cosmetics lip tars are pigmented lip glosses that can be had in various finishes and shades. Lip tars can be mixed together, used on their own and applied opaquely or sheerly on the lips or on the cheeks to add statement and flashes of colour. Today I'll be talking about the two I have in my collection - NSFW (not safe for work) and Strumpet. The two lip tars I have are in OCC's old packaging (I believe they've re-vamped the whole range so now all the lip tars come with a wand and not a brush but I'll get to that later). 




Fist of all. OCC lip tar packaging is pretty neat, as per tube you get around 10mls of product which is a great investment if you're going to use the shade often or if you're a makeup artist. Alternatively the new wanded lip tars offer a measly (in comparison) 4mls of product. Nonetheless, lip tars are very pigmented and a smidge (one dot) goes a fabulously long way. Each lip tar tube comes (came) with its own little brush - I know some people don't like using lip brushes and honestly I don't really use a lip brush to apply or clean up but, I do like/enjoy applying this product with a brush. Personally whilst I do like the fact that OCC lip tars now come with a wand, I am lamenting the lost of mls and the brush usage it their tubes had me doing. 

Onto the shades ...


Swatches of NSFW and Strumpet - hopefully you can see that the shades are very pigmented 
NSFW: is described as a true balanced red. I'd say that was a true description. NSFW is the type of red that will most likely work for all skin tones (and undertones). 

Strumpet: is said to be a seedless grape red. Again, I'd say this is an apt description if you liken this picture to the unwashed seedless grapes (they have a dusty mid tone purple look to them). 

NSFW
NSFW: A pigmented true red. NSFW goes on glossy and whilst OCC say it dries to a mate finish, that doesn't exactly ring true when considering the trendy and popular "matte liquid lipsticks" that dry to a powder matte finish. I'd say the more product you use the more glossy the finish will be. However, I guess if you use a small and amount ... over time it's more likely to dry down/set to a not-as-glossy red but, if you're expecting "matte" lips - think again. 

Strumpet
Strumpet: A pigmented mid tone purple. Similar to NSFW I can see this shade working on a multitude of skin tones and shades. As usual a little goes a long way and the finish is more gloss than matte but again using a smaller amount will give a more lipstick "satin" finish rather than a glossy look and forget about a "powder matte" look - unless you plan to powder this shade down yourself.

Good Points
100% Vegan & Cruelty Free
Great Pigmentation
Supposedly ultra long wearing (I need to test the wear some more so we'll see)
Gluten Free
Innovative brand and concept
Tube are great value for the mls - I haven't tried the new wand lip tars but if they're the same formula 4mls still will stretch a long way

Bad Points 
Mostly available online in the UK instead of a store 
The tube cap can get a little messy
You'll need to carry a brush with you to re-apply throughout the day (if you need/want to)


Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Oil, Mentha X Peprita (Peppermint) Oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate [+/-]: Silica Dimethyl Silylate, D&C Red #6  (CI 15850), D&C Red #7 (CI 15850), D&C Red #27 (CI 45410), D&C Red #30 (CI 73360), FD&C Blue #1 (CI 42090), FD&C Yellow #5 (CI 19140), FD&C Yellow #6 (CI 15985), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 770190).

Price: £11.95 for 10mls - lip tars in tubes are now discounted and can be as low as around £5.50 for specific shades and of different websites. The new lip tars contain 4mls and retail for £11.95. 

Summed Up Thoughts

I really like the lip tars. Before I purchased these lip tars I bought "dupes" and to be utterly honest with you - I prefer OCC. OCC lip tars are pigmented, they have a minty earthy smell that may not be the most tantalising but, it is refreshing and not overpowering (unlike the dupes I bought). I love that there's so many shades to choose from and the pigmentation of the products are nothing less than awesome. My greatest tip for wearing and applying this product is to use a small amount and check your teeth because sometimes because of the lightweight glossy nature it can find its way onto them. Overall, I really like/love lip tars pigmented and their moisturising nature as a comfortable matte/satin finish and feel are something the pros and the consumers can enjoy.

Have you tried OCC?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!
Have a great week
x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar