Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Am Now I "Snood Snob" Convert!

This is me, wearing my new black snood that I bought from Arthelia's Attic on Etsy.com! I bought two others in warm red and green. I found out about these fantastically made, beautiful snoods from Brittany of Va Voom Vintage! Here is the link:

http://vavoomvintage.blogspot.com/2010/07/snood-snob-and-dress-she-made.html


Like Brittany, my first snoods were made of rayon. I bought mine from vintage clothing shops and online stores that sold vintage repro clothing. The rayon weave has the tendency to droop over time and it can even shred, causing little strings to hang out. Not a pretty sight, let me tell you! Since my hair is still on the shorter side (I have an original length Middy), the bottom of the rayon snood looks "flappy." If I had longer hair, this droopiness would be more "filled out."

However, with my new hand-knit snood, my shorter hair is not really an issue. The knit-weave is tighter and lays nicer on the head. The elastic band that encircles the snood's opening is also not as tight as the rayon version. Unlike the rayon, these knit snoods do not want to slip off! They fit well and feel secure without being too small in the band. The fit is perfect.


I am so happy with my new snoods! I will never go back to the rayon ever again! So, like Brittany, I am a now "snood snob!"


If you are looking for gorgeous, elegantly made snoods for your vintage wardrobe, be sure to visit Arthelia's Attic!


http://www.etsy.com/shop/artheliasattic

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar