Many of us who do vintage hairstyles often know that bobby pins (or kirby grips) are a MUST! Bobby pins are vital for pin curls, securing victory rolls, and rolling back those Bettie bangs (pompadour) on days we want a different look.
For years, I bought standard bobby pins (Goody) at the grocery store or pharmacy. These types are good for most styles but after a while, "run-of-the-mill' pins tend to snag hair or stretch out after several uses. I usually throw stretched pins out and grab a new one but again, it would stretch out and the little rubber tips on the end pop off and snag/pull my hair. In addition, my hair is very fine and standard pins have a tendency to slide out of my hair. Also, when it comes to doing rolls and pompadours, most bobby pins tend to stick out (especially when I roll back my bangs) due to the lack of volume.
While I was in Sally Beauty yesterday buying a few things, I spotted a section of bobby pins. There were large sizes, standard sizes, and mini sizes, as seen above. I have never used mini pins and the price, $2.49 for a 36-count tin, made me to want to try them.
The MetaGrip Mini Bob Pins' description states that the pins are tighter and snag-free. Well, today I styled my hair in rolls and not only do these mini bobby pins hide nicely, they really grip my hair amazingly well! I feel like a gale force wind couldn't even ruin my 'do!
Here is how the mini pin size compares to a standard pin:
(The vintage picture is actually from a reprint of a vintage ad that I adhered and then varnished onto a mini Altoids tin. I use it to store extra pins and I keep it in my bag in case of a 'hair emergency.')
So, if you are looking for small-sized bobby pins that work wonders on fine and/or shorter hair, the MetaGrip Bob Pins from Sally Beauty are a must have in your hairstyling kit!


0 Yorumlar